Our lovely team of handpicked trekking horses, with their kind and gentle temperament, take you on an unforgettable journey in the mountains.
With a range of ages, heights and ‘horsanalities’ across the herd, we are able to cater to different weights and experience levels.
Your guide will provide a one-on-one riding lesson prior to each trek departing to ensure all riders are confident with steering and stopping. However, we do encourage the more humane “loose rein” style of riding, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery!
Call/email Kel today to discuss horse riding on your next Queenstown/ Wanaka visit!
MORE ABOUT HORSE RIDING IN OUR BEAUTIFUL VALLEY
- We use Syd Hill Half Breed saddles. These are a cross between western and Australian stock style and are more comfortable for both the rider and horse.
- Saddles are fitted with “monkey straps” for those who would like extra stability. Children’s saddles are also available. Children over the age of five are welcome and we can lead from the guide horse upon request.
- Maximum weight for horse riding is 105kg.
- Minimum group size is two riders. Single riders will be waitlisted to be confirmed upon others booking the same scheduled tour.
- Please bring sturdy footwear, warm and weatherproof clothing and a big smile!
- Option to purchase a photo package after the ride – take home memories!
Fanatstic horse trek
This horse trek exceeded our expectations, and is the best we have ever done. It was a fantastic experience and a memorable highlight from our 3 week holiday in cantral otago/fiordland. We were 2 adults and a 12 yr old. All beginners. The horses and our guide Kelly were fantastic. We loved the terrain, views, and opportunity to trot and canter. Highly recommended.
Date of experience: January 2022Trip type: Travelled with family