THE CARDRONA CANCELLATION POLICY/ RISK ASSUMPTION
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
We will offer a full refund or reschedule at no extra cost if you have given at least 24hrs notice to cancel/ reschedule.
However as much notice as possible is appreciated so we can stand down guides/ make your spaces available to others.
We do ride whatever weather, that is the beauty of the activity (so please dress appropriately!)
Sorry, No refunds will apply to:
Cancellations within 24hrs of the departure date. Late arrivals or no shows on the day. Downgrades or deciding not to ride. Please make sure you choose the right tour for you/ your group.
**PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE – WE CANNOT WAIT!!**
We reserve the right to cancel due to minimum numbers not being reached (2 riders minimum on standard tours), in which case a full refund will be issued/ reschedule will be offered.
We reserve the right to cancel if weather or any other situation should demand.
Please see above under Covid-19 for cancellations related to Covid-19.
DO YOU HAVE A WAIVER I NEED TO SIGN?
Yes! Activities such as Horse Riding & Quad Biking always involve an element of risk that you are assuming when participating in our activities. Here is our Risk Assumption wording:
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING IT YOU GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS
Warning. Under New Zealand Law it is extremely unlikely that any legal action brought against The Cardrona Limited will be successful. New Zealand’s Accident Compensation scheme provides only limited assistance for injury. We recommend that all visitors to New Zealand have full insurance covering injury and illness.
To: The Cardrona Limited (TCL) and all persons in any way involved or connected with the activities provided by it including its successors and assigns.
1. The activities provided by TCL are adventure activities that involve significant hazards. Whilst TCL cannot guarantee my safety, I acknowledge that TCL takes all practicable steps to ensure my safety. Knowing this, I still wish to participate in the activities provided by TCL at my own risk and I accept full responsibility for my own actions or inactions.
2. I am aware that in participating in the activities provided by TCL there are risks, which include the possibility of serious harm, emotional trauma, death, property damage, mental injury or disturbance and any other loss, which I, my family and/or friends may suffer. These risks may be due to any cause whatsoever including negligence and/or breach of contract by TCL.
3. I acknowledge that TCL has advised me as far as practicable of the significant hazards which exist. These include, but are not limited to:
a. Any mechanical or physical failure or fault to the equipment of TCL; and
b. Any condition, sickness or injury to any person during the activities provided by TCL.
c. Any unpredictable or uncontrolled event
d. My ignoring/failing to follow safety procedures or guides’ directions including the safe use of any equipment or animals
4. I declare that I am physically fit and have no condition or injury that could be affected by my participating in the activities provided by TCL.
5. I declare that I am not under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
6. I agree to release TCL from any liability of any kind whatsoever and waiver and hold harmless TCL against any and all claims that I have or may have in the future against TCL arising out of any aspect of any participation in the activities provided by TCL due to any case whatsoever for any personal injury, emotional trauma, death, property damage, mental injury or disturbance and any other loss of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising that I, my family and/or friends may suffer.
7. I accept financial liability for any damages to equipment because of failure to follow guides instructions. A $1,500 minimum payment will be charged for any impact or salvage required. Further costs will be quoted.
8. I am aware that this agreement will not affect any legal obligations TCL has to me which TCL cannot contract out of under New Zealand Law.
9. I confirm that if I am not a resident of New Zealand, I will not endeavor to avoid the terms of this agreement by commencing legal proceedings in another country.
10. I agree that if any part of this agreement is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the rest of the agreement remains in full force
11. I agree that this agreement will be binding on my family, legal assigns administrators and executors.
12. I confirm that all members are of the required age to participate in TCLs activities including minors.
13. I have read and understood this risk disclosure.
COVID-19 UPDATE – HOW ARE WE KEEPING YOU SAFE?
We are extremely fortunate to be able to continue operating under all traffic light settings and are looking forward to taking you on an unforgettable experience out in the beautiful mountains of the Cardrona Valley!
To continue to be able to provide a safe and healthy experience for everyone, those who have any cold or flu symptoms, including fever and sore throat will not be permitted to join the tour. We will cancel any persons who do not pass our screening.
SUMMARY OF SAFETY MEASURES AT ALL TRAFFIC LIGHT SETTINGS:
- Screening for wellness by guide upon meeting participants
- Maintain 1 m spacing between participants and guides,
- Guides will carry a mask
- Masks are encouraged for participants but not mandatory
- Regular cleaning of high touch surfaces
DO I NEED A VACCINE PASS TO PARTICIPATE ON A HORSE TREK/ QUAD BIKE TOUR?
No. The Cardrona chooses not to use My Vaccine Pass. Please see below for details
Requiring My Vaccine Passes for entry:
The COVID-19 Protection Framework rules apply to all businesses, regardless of whether they choose to use My Vaccine Pass. If they wish, most businesses have the option of limiting access to their premises to people with a My Vaccine Pass (as a condition of entry), but this is no longer a requirement under the rules.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
Masks are not required outside the reception building. The Cardrona offers outdoor based activities where maintaining 1-meter spacing is possible at almost all times. The activities are operated on private land where The Cardrona has an exclusive access arrangement with the land owner for its commercial operation. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, you are free to do so and if you have forgotten your mask, we have masks available on request.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL DUE TO COVID-19?
If customers cannot travel because they are directly impacted by Covid-19, they will be offered the option of a credit, which will be valid for 12 months. Or a full refund.
WHERE DOES THE CARDRONA FIT UNDER THE NEW TRAFFIC LIGHT SYSTEM?
The Cardrona is a tourism activity and sits under “Outdoor activities and sport both on and off-premises, e.g. guided walks, kayaking tours, golf clubs, tennis clubs”.
Tourism activities are a mandated sector. This means vaccinations are required for all workers. All employees must have had their first vaccination by 3 December 2021 and be fully vaccinated by 17 January 2022.
ABOUT OUR HORSES
Our horses are all “ex harness” race horses that we have rehomed and retrained to be safe and enjoyable riding horses – and possibly given some a second chance at life after their short time as young horses at the racing stables!
They are wonderful in the way they quickly adapt to trail riding life and enjoy roaming together as a herd when not out in the mountains carrying our riders. We like to employ natural horsemanship methods, barefoot trimming, a varied but balanced diet of forage/hay and hard feed plus supplements to keep them in optimum condition (you will get to feed your horse at the end of your ride!). They always stay “mountain fit” as we operate year round (horses are designed to move) and have a rotation system so all get an equal share of the work. We keep a close eye on herd dynamics and listen to what our horses are telling us to give them the best life possible – we know that happy horses = happy ride!
Currently we have 9 horses, all geldings (boys) except our “odd one out” little Morgan who is the only non ex racer and the only girl! She is the only “Appaloosa” (white with spots) – all the rest are different shades of bay in colour (brown body with black mane & tail) and all bigger horses – gentle giants!